Built in 1884, Leadville’s train depot has been turned into a community gathering space.

A family run effort, the restoration has been led by the Andersons, giving back 10% to local nonprofits. A passenger train still puffs by the window every afternoon. In the shadow of Mt. Elbert, Colorado’s highest fourteener, the depot holds over 200 people and includes an elegant courtyard, retrofitted Whiskey Lime lounge in an historic shed, and a conference room for workshops and intimate dinner parties. We’d love to host your next special event.



This project is an important step in the right direction for Leadville and for Colorado.

— Leadville Historic Preservation Commission
The historical significance and charm of [FREIGHT] is second to none, and through its renovation, it would be another jewel in the treasures of Leadville.

In a town that is known for its sense of community, loyalty to one another, and deep dedication to history, a well preserved Freight Depot will be a fabulous and needed addition.
— Kathleen Fitzsimmons, Lake County Principal and historian
[FREIGHT] is particularly exciting because of the local resident’s partnership to reinvent and activate a hidden aspect of our historic industrial neighborhood. [The Andersons’] vision of a much needed community center and hub for economic development in the form of hosting events both for locals and visitors will bring much needed economy back into the area.
— Sarah Mudge, Lake County Commissioner